THE HICKMAN IS A CONTEMPORARY WORKSPACE THAT MEANINGFULLY RESPONDS TO THE IDENTITY AND HISTORIC FABRIC OF WHITECHAPEL.
78,000 SQ FT OF NEW COMMERCIAL AND CAFÉ SPACE.
73,300 SQ FT OFFICES
11,000 SQ FT TYPICAL FLOORPLATES
4,330 SQ FT WIFI-ENABLED RECEPTION AND CAFÉ SPACE
3M FLOOR TO SOFFIT HEIGHT (MAJORITY OF FLOORS)
EXPOSED SOFFITS AND CONTEMPORARY FINISHES
CAPABLE OF 1 PERSON PER 8 SQ M OCCUPANCY
DEDICATED CYCLE ENTRANCE
4,500 SQ FT PRIVATE OF TERRACES ON LEVELS 1,5,6 & 7
79 SECURE CYCLE SPACES AND 84 LOCKERS
MALE AND FEMALE CHANGING FACILITIES, INCLUDING 11 SHOWERS
TARGETING BREEAM ‘EXCELLENT’
TARGETING WIREDSCORE ‘PLATINUM’
DESIGNED BY DSDHA ARCHITECTS
DELIVERED BY GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC, Q1 2020
EPC RATING B
Planning Usage: B1 Business / Office, A1 Retail / Shops
The building was historically home to Buck & Hickman, a saw and tool makers established in 1830 and trading in Whitechapel for more than 100 years. Buck & Hickman had a significant influence on the micro-area, redeveloping the corner of Whitechapel Road in 1887. Much of the rest of the Whitechapel Road block, up to the famous Whitechapel Bell Foundry (best known for its 300+ years crafting bells including Big Ben, and the Liberty Bell), was redeveloped by Buck & Hickman in the
interwar period. The Blitz hit Adler Street in the 1940s, destroying the 14th century White Chapel, St. Mary’s Church, from which the area took its name. The remnants of the White Chapel can still be found in the adjacent park. The legacy of the site lives on and the former tool workshop is transformed for a new generation of thinkers, number crunchers and creatives.
These particulars do not form part of any offer of contract. They are issued as a general guide, but do not constitute representation of fact. Parties should satisfy themselves as to their accuracy. Unless otherwise stated, all prices/rents are quoted exclusive of vat. All terms and information provided is subject to contract & without prejudice.